On August 23rd, 2019, Kevin Lee, of Didit and the eMarketing Association, interviewed David Levin, VP, Customer Experience & Digital Innovation, Bob’s Discount Furniture.
A range of topics was discussed, including:
1. How brands can differentiate themselves in the “age of Amazon.”
2. The sales training requirements for complex purchases.
3. How retailers can replicate positive store experiences online.
4. Whether Bob’s Discount Furniture has a preference in regard to whether shoppers choose to visit a physical store or shop online.
5. The most over-hyped marketing channels of 2019.
6. Marketing channels currently under-invested in by brands.
7. The impact of social media on customer expectations.
8. Whether Bob’s Discount Furniture benefits from maintaining an inventory of exclusive products.
9. The degree to which Bob’s Discount Furniture customers appreciate the retailer’s role as “product curator.”
10. The approach used by Bob’s Discount Furniture to achieve a single view of the customer.
11. How recent changes in the regulatory environment, including GDPR and California’s Consumer Privacy Act, will affect online retailers with respect to the use of 3rd- and 1st-party data.
12. The degree to which VR (Virtual Reality) and AR (Augmented Reality) will replace the store experience in the future.