CeMA Certification - Certified eMarketing Associate
Become CeMA Certified Today
What is the Certified eMarketing Associate (CeMA) Program?
CeMA is an e-marketing certification program accredited by the eMarketing Association (eMA). The program provides certifications to students and individuals who demonstrate competency in the eMarketing arena after completion of the CeMA exam.
Why has the eMA introduced this certification?
A recent study by the eMA indicates that 70% of all marketing positions are requiring e-marketing competency. There is a gap nationally, between current academic curriculum and employer demand for e-marketing skills. School systems have recognized this gap and are offering solid programs in e-commerce. The eMA strongly supports these programs and offers an enhancement in the form of a student certification. This program will help prepare the future marketers for the challenges of tomorrow’s business environment.
What is the value of a CeMA certification?
The CeMA certification provides a mechanism for students to demonstrate competencies. It provides employers with a tool to use when hiring and screening job candidates. It provides college and university admission boards with insight into a students initiative, competency and commitment. It gives scholarship committees valuable information about a student's motivation.
Having a certification is a critical factor for people who are new to the marketing profession.
If a student plans on going to college what use is the CeMA Certification?
A student can use the certification as an aid to get accepted at a college and then while there deploy their credentials and knowledge to work in situations to help defray the cost of their education.
How much does certification cost?
not in a state or class offering CeMA: $384.00 per student.
eMA Members can become CeMA Certified for a $10.00 discount.
What happens if students don’t pass the exam?
Students are permitted one (1) additional examination at no additional charge if they fail the first examination. Please contact the CeMA Department for more information on this issue.
Also, the eMA has enlisted a high caliber Panel of Industry Leaders.This provides an unprecedented opportunity for students to ask questions and get feedback from real world e-marketing executives.
The CeMA certification is a substantial credential for students as well as professionals who are new to the e-marketing profession. The CeMA certification can be of benefit in employment applications, resumes, bios, and college admission applications. The certification is recognized globally and is the only e-marketing certification recognized by a state office of education.
Benefits of CeMA to schools and e-commerce, business classes:
1. The certification provides a value-added benefit to your curriculum. It is very popular with students. In classes offering CeMA as an option to a course the participation level is 94%. Enrollment in your class may increase as a result.
2. The certification provides your students with a real world credential that can be of great value in seeking employment, college admissions applications.
3. Students enrolled in the CeMA program tend to be more involved in their e-commerce and business studies. As well as conferring a certain status to the student it helps level the playing field with students receiving IT certifications through your school.
4. The CeMA certification is simple to implement. Unlike other certification programs there are no lengthily applications or processes for approval. The eMA puts the certification in the teachers hands where it belongs.
5. The CeMA certification provides you and your student with valuable resources through the CeMA resource center. Articles, lessons, white papers and more are available to help prepare students or incorporate into your class.